Broadcast Audience Research Council : Barc Ratings, Barc Full Form – The Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC) has announced the suspension of ratings for all news channels for the next three months in October 2020. BARC is an industrial body jointly owned by advertisers, advertising and media agencies and broadcasting companies, represented by The Indian Society of Advertisers, Indian Broadcasting Foundation and Advertising Agencies Association of India. It was formed in the year 2010. Barc was registered for television rating in July 2015 under policy guidelines for television rating agencies in India by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
About BARC India : Broadcast Audience Research Council
- Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC) India is the world’s largest television measuring science industry body.
- It helps in analyzing the TRPs of TV serials, shows and films.
- They collect data from households and analyse them to rate different channels and shows.
- They usually do audio watermarking before broadcasting and install bar-o meters in homes to record the viewing details.
- Upon analyzing the data collected, they rate the show.
- It is necessary to inspect these Bar-O meters periodically to check if they are working properly.
- Sometimes there may be complaints about it.
- BARC India has its own service team that looks after this maintenance part.
- BARC India feels the need for a CRM system where they can keep track of their daily maintenance work, how many complaints were raised, complaints resolved etc.
- All the data needs to be collected and stored in a system which will be helpful for further analysis.
- Rosa Bonheur Biography : Why Google Celebrating Her Birthday ?
|Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF)